Admission Criteria for the MSAT Program
Following are the proposed admission criteria. Students considering application to the JMU MSAT should focus on earning a bachelor's degree in their desired major, maintaining a strong GPA, taking the proposed prerequisite courses, and applying during their senior year.
For admission consideration to the Master of Science in Athletic Training program, candidates must successfully complete the requirements of The James Madison University Graduate School and of the AT program. These include:
- A bachelor or higher degree from a regionally accredited college or university
- Overall grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 or higher is preferred, minimum 2.7 required
- Official transcripts from all colleges or universities attended
- Documentation of 50 or more observation hours under the supervision of a certified/licensed athletic trainer
- All non-native English speakers are required to submit official results of the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) with a minimum score of 570 (paper-based) or 88 (internet-based).
To discuss our program or ask specific questions please email firstname.lastname@example.org